- Pregnancy Do’s and Don’ts: The Smart Woman’s A-Z Pocket Companion for a Safe and Sound Pregnancy by Elisabeth Aron. A comprehensive and easy-to-use guide with thoughtful explanations of why some things may be of concern during your pregnancy and some should things be avoided. It answers many of those burning questions you have that just can’t wait until your next appointment!
- Midwifery for Expectant Parents: A Modern Guide to Choosing the Birth That’s Right for You by Aubre Tompkins CNM, Director of Midwifery at Seasons Midwifery and Birth Center, President of the American Association of Birth Centers, and CNM at Seasons Midwifery and Birth Center. Midwifery for Expectant Parents is a resource for information about modern midwifery, letting you navigate your pregnancy journey with confidence and strength.
- Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Lovine. This book balances sound medicine with common sense as well as a sense of humor, which can often be lacking from medical advice books.
- What to Expect When You are Expecting A classic reference for everything you need to know during pregnancy. The entire series is excellent with comprehensive and up-to-date material you can rely upon.
- What to Expect the First Year The second book of the series, with comprehensive coverage of all topics outlined according to baby’s age. Maybe even better than the first book of the series!
- The Nursing Mother’s Problem Solver by Claire Martin, et al. This is a wonderful A-Z guide filled with quick answers and practical advice for problem solving. It contains great pointers and covers a variety of topics, including how to manage engorgement and mastitis, how to manage a pump and what to do to prepare for returning to work while nursing.
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp. A classic book on baby rearing, with valuable advice for calming a baby.