- No vigorous activity - remain quiet the rest
- of day No sexual activity until OK'd by doctor
- Light food on day of surgery.
- Resume regular diet by next day or as tolerated
- You may experience some mild discomfort.
- Take pain medication as directed by your physician.
Symptoms to Watch:
- Burning and stinging may be experienced with urination.
- After urination, cleanse area by pouring a cup of warm water across incisional area and patting dry with toilet paper or use a blow dryer.
- Ice to perineum may help relieve discomfort.
- Wear sanitary napkins to protect clothing
- Expect small to moderate amount of drainage
- If drain or packing is present, do not remove unless ordered by physician.
- Call us from home to make an appointment, if one has not been made
Symptoms to Report to us:
- Excessive bleeding
- Chills and/or temperature above 100 degrees.
- Severe pain not relieved by medication.
- Excessive swelling at site of operation.