On Your Wellness Journey?
Options for Monitoring Your Breast Health
Keeping up with your breast health is an important part of your annual care routine. The specialists at the Women's Health Group can help.
Many women experience problems with their breast health. It is important to get checked regularly to ensure that no problems are developing. We work with women who are experiencing discomfort, are breastfeeding, or who simply have concerns. We also offer mammography and BRCA testing.
Providers You Can Trust
Standard For Patient Care
BRCA Testing in Denver
BRCA testing is a blood test that can be ordered by a healthcare provider to determine whether or not a person has the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene.
Our specialists are proud to offer BRCA testing, a convenient way to help determine the risk of breast cancer.
Why should I get BRCA testing?
Although it is not a part of your regular bloodwork panel, BRCA testing should be requested if you have a family history of breast cancer.
Mutations in either breast cancer gene — BRCA1 or BRCA2 — significantly increase the risk of:
Importance Of Determining My Risk
BRCA testing is one of the best ways to determine if you are at risk for breast cancer or not. It helps you to:
- Prepare your healthcare plan
- Be financially, emotionally, and physically ready for any unexpected health challenges
- Make healthier lifestyle decisions to lower your risk
- Stay on top of regular screenings and checkups
Who needs BRCA testing?
If you have any of the following risk factors, you could benefit from BRCA testing:
- A personal or family history of breast cancer (female or male), ovarian cancer, or prostate cancer
- A family history of developing more than one type of cancer
- A family member with the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation