On Your Wellness Journey?
Gynecological Services for Women at All Stages of Life
Our specialists are proud to offer a wide range of gynecological services to help you manage your health.
We specialize in diagnosing and treating women with pelvic floor conditions, such as urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and more. Our treatment options span from behavioral therapy and medication to reconstructive surgery.
Providers You Can Trust
Standard For Patient Care
Hysterectomies for Women
For many women, a hysterectomy seems like a monumental and scary procedure. However, it is one of the most common surgical procedures that women undergo. As many as 1/3 of all women have a hysterectomy before they reach the age of 60.
The Women’s Health Group is here to help you explore your options when it comes to your hysterectomy procedure.
As with all types of surgery, a hysterectomy can sometimes lead to complications. Some of the possible complications are:
- General anesthetic complications
- Ureter damage
- Bladder or bowel damage
- Blood clots
- Vaginal problems
- Ovary failure
- Early menopause
Signs and Symptoms of Hysterectomies
A Hysterectomy might be a medically necessary procedure in the case of several life-threatening conditions.
- Invasive cancer of the uterus, cervix, vagina, fallopian tubes, and ovaries
- Unmanageable bleeding
- Serious complications during childbirth, such as a rupture of the uterus
Treatments for Safe Hysterectomies
During a hysterectomy, your doctor will remove the entire uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries if needed.
There are a couple methods your doctor may use when performing a hysterectomy.
- For a minimally invasive hysterectomy, many doctors will use a laparoscopic method.
- Your doctor may recommend a robotic-assisted hysterectomy if you have irregularly shaped pelvic organs or surgical scars from other procedures. Robotic-assisted surgery is safe and creates smaller incisions, making it less pain and a faster to recover from.